Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A little of this...and a little of that!

** I got a new job! Yeah! I am so excited! As you remember when I posted HERE you will remember that I got the "call" and that I didn't like my job anyhow. I've been looking ever since I posted that and haven't found anything!  It is really tough finding a job nowadays and I think its even harder after you hit a certain age!
Well last Friday I went for an interview and today they called and said that I got it! I will be making less money which isn't so good and instead of working any schedule I want to I will be working 8:30am-5pm. But I will have NO stress which I have now so that alone is a bonus! I will still be working in the beauty industry so that won't change! I start next Monday. I have to go for training for 2 days first about an hour away and then I start on Wednesday. Wish me luck!!!

** I also wanted to update you on my Wedding Dilhemma #3! I decided to get the dress because I really like it and haven't found any other one's that I do like and I'm running out of time! I found a lady that does alterations and so I am taking the dress over to her on Friday so that she can look at and see about cutting the train off and removing the ruffles from the back! I think once that is done the dress will be perfect! I'll let you know what she says!

** I have a new category at the top called "Awesome Blogs"....if you have a blog button that you would like added to the list, please let me know and I'll add you to it!

** Some of you had asked a question about yesterdays Beauty Tips and Pepto Bismol. Here is how you use it:


Yes you use the liquid...apply with a cotton ball...wait until it dries and then rinse off with cool water. It is great for sensitive skin.  Do not use more then once a week.   It contains Salicylic Acid which aids exfoliating.  No Pepto?  Try Milk of Magnesia.

** I have decided to just suck it up and pay for my ticket!  I don't think its worth the stress of having to go to court and the less stress I can have the better!  Especially with starting a new job!   I just want to pay it and move on.  Lesson learned I guess!  If you missed that post, you can read it HERE

20 comments:

  1. Congrats@ your new job, Java. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period but you'll be in the swing of things before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you on your new job! I totally understand what you have been going through. I'm going through the same thing on my end, and while I'm peaking 50 it is even harder it seems.

    Way to go on the dress. I think maybe you are right, after alterations, it would be perfect! Do keep us informed! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the new job. Less stress + a little less money divided by an never ending smile = enjoying life more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. I would love for you to add my button to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the new job. I hope you love it. At least with the set hours you can plan around them.
    More Later

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great news, and so glad you went with your gut and got the dress. I mean who cares about what others think really, if you like it then that is all that matters, you will look ferocious I am sure, make sure to send us pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new job. I know that will reduce your stress by tons. As far as the dress, if your intuition says that it is the one, then you should go for it. Same goes for the ticket. Trust your gut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your new job. Glad the dress worked out. Can't wait to see it.
    Please add my blog button to your list.
    http://fullymutated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new job! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doing the Happy Dance for you on the New Job! Being 46+, I agree that its even harder to get the job, then 20 yrs ago.
    Thanks for the answer on the pepto.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new job.. no stress sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so pleased you have found a great new job, that is wonderful news. Glad you got the dress and are so happy with it and can't wait to see the final version which I know you will look stunning in. As for the ticket, I agree, pay it rather than spend an entire day hanging around the courts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. whew...congrats on the job. Stress free is always good.
    Peace...NM

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is great news about the new job! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah for the new job!! Congrats! What will your work be? No stress....that sounds good.
    Can´t wait to see the dress you found.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the new job! Less stress is ALWAYS a great thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the new job! And yeah, just pay the stupid ticket and move on.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. cong. on your new job. maybe things will be upward for you. pay the fine and move on best wishes

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!