Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Boo!!!

 We've been Boo'ed!!!  We kept seeing signs on our neighbors front door that said, "Boo" and we couldn't figure out what it meant! 




This morning when Joe looked outside he saw a bag on the front porch!  


Inside was all kinds of goodies!!


To start a Halloween BOO, one neighbor secretly leaves a small gift basket, a BOO poem, BOO instructions and a BOO sign at a neighbor's doorstep.
The lucky BOO-ee is asked to post the sign near the door, alerting others that "We've Been BOO-ed!" That way, new BOO recruits won't leave a duplicate BOO on the doorstep.
In turn, the neighbor is asked to BOO two other households, leading to a chain reaction--and Halloween fun!!
Day by day, the BOO signs proliferate. Soon, the entire neighborhood is sporting BOO signs, and everyone is guessing. Who's been booed?

Here is the poem that was in the bag:

Okay neighbors, here's what you have to do:

Keep the Boo sign on your door.  Make two copies of the sign to pass along.

Make two new Boo Bags ($10 limit each bag) within 2 days to pass along to two neighbors without a Boo sign on their door.  Leave the bag at your neighbor's house, but don't let them see you!

Don't forget to pass along the signs and the directions!!

Let's see if we can get all of S---------s "Boo"ed by October 31st!

(If you choose not to participate, please pass along the Boo Bag left or you so we can keep it going!)

 Have you been Boo'ed?

16 comments:

  1. This is so fun! We used to do this, I should start it up again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do the same thing in our neighborhood except we call it getting "ghosted". The sign is of a ghost with a similar poem. The kids have a blast!!! My kids "ghosted" 2 families the other night and we received homemade brownies and rice krispy treats. YUMMY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I wish there were more kids in my neighborhood...living in Florida has it's downside..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been booed but I have heard about it before. Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this before!! What fun.....xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to start this in our neighborhood! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat neighborhood idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a GREAT idea that we could do at one of my schools!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea ! I could never see it happening where I live as the neighbours find it hard to even say hello to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea. I have never heard of this, and think its a wonderful idea. I might have to try it in my neighborhood.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, have a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We did that in our Florida neighborhood! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First time I have been in on this blog in awhile. I have been away since March.
    This posts makes me smile. Hope to make it a routine again.

    Great idea about the Booed!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow that is sooo cOOL!!! glad to see you blogging again
    and would love to have you make me a special button ;) like the one u did for my life in a blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!